Buying a necklace, bracelet, cufflinks or pair of earrings for a loved one takes time and you might want to show them how much thought you’ve put into choosing the perfect piece.
When choosing jewellery from Rhino Tears and Deakin & Francis’ ‘Ithuba’ collection you are not only selecting a beautiful item, but you & the recipient also become part of the story of protecting rhinos, ensuring a direct financial benefit to help their survival.
1. Inspired by an encounter with Thandi, the rhino poaching survivor, on a visit to Kariega Game Reserve in South Arica, Sarah from Rhinos Tears Jewellery created a beautiful silver tear charm in Thandi’s honour. These classic charms have now been made into sterling silver and 9CT gold necklaces, cufflinks, earrings and bracelets with all profits going help our rhino projects secure and protect their habitats.
2. Historic English jewellers Deakin & Francis have produced the stunning ‘Ithuba’ collection of sterling silver jewellery that directly benefits out partner project, Zululand Rhino Orphanage. The range includes rhino necklaces, bracelets, cufflinks and a keyring with funds going directly to support the care and security of these orphaned rhinos.
3. Sweatshirts, hoodies, baseball caps and t-shirts in multiple colours and styles means you’ll be able to find the perfect gift or treat for yourself to keep warm this winter from the stylish range of streetwear from Russell Rhino. In sizes ranging from X to Y, you’ll be able to kit out the whole family in trendy rhino themed gear in their favourite colour bringing a new cool meaning to the winter or Christmas jumper. Have fun choosing your clothing gifts from Russell Rhino.
4. For exquisite scarf wearers, Mia Kora have created a stunning rhino scarf based on wildlife artist Karen Laurence Rowe’s beautiful rhino painting 'The Accuser'. Taken from Karen's original artwork, this stunning 100x180cm scarf will look amazing tied around your loved one’s neck or hanging on their wall – a delightful gift indeed that will be delivered in a presentation box ready to wrap and give to the lucky recipient.
5. A cycling jersey endorsed by cycling legend Phil Liggett that also helps rhinos? We have just the thing for your cycling-mad friend or relative. In sizes XS – XXL, these one-of-a-kind Helping Rhinos cycling jerseys feature a signed message from Phil to help inspire all cyclists to achieve their race and training goals.
Your purchase will help conservation projects with Condor donating 10% of the sale of each jersey to protect rhinos.
6. A stunning rhino artwork print makes the most amazing present. Helping Rhinos is delighted to offer you three stunning prints from our Patron, brilliant wildlife artist Karen Laurence-Rowe:
Commemorative print of Sudan, the last male northern white rhino left on earth until he passed away of age-related conditions in March 2018, has been immortalised by Karen in watercolour. It is available in an open edition print signed by the artist, size A3 - 279mm x 420mm on 320gsm Archival Fine Art Paper. A print that displays Sudan in his true splendour and would make a delightful gift for rhino enthusiasts.
‘The Accuser’ is a stunning, powerful signed, limited edition print based on the iconic painting that was sold at auction at the Helping Rhinos fundraising event in March 2018. With dimensions 590mm x 750mm and produced on Canson Museum Canvas, this print will make a truly remarkable gift for rhino and art lovers alike.
Ringo was a very special little rhino who, abandoned by his mother at just a few days old, was rescued by Rangers at Ol Pejeta Conservancy in Kenya and nursed back to health. His feisty and energetic disposition charmed everyone and he became truly famous! Then sadly and so suddenly, at just a few months old, little Ringo became ill and died. No one really knows the reason for such a short life, but nature has a way of knowing and we suspect it was why he was abandoned in the first place.
This Karen Laurence-Rowe limited edition print (only 50 in the print run) of rhino orphan Ringo in dimensions 36x36cm on Hahnemuhle Daguerre 400gsm matte canvas depicts Karen’s memory of him – interacting cheekily with all around him including the ever-present superb starlings.
7. Adoptions are wonderful gift for rhino lovers young and old that last the entire year and directly help rhino conservation projects. Choose from adopting a rhino orphan, a Northern White Rhino or an anti-poaching unit dog or sponsor a member of the Black Mambas, the all-female anti-poaching patrol team.
** New this year! **
Now you can sponsor poaching survivor Thandi and her two calves from our partner Kariega Game Reserve with one adoption for them all here.
8. It’s even easier for you to encourage your family and friends to join you in our rhino adoptions programme. Plus, you’ll pay a discounted price!
When you add up to two friends to your adoption, you’ll only pay half price for each added friend. We’ll send all of you a certificate with each of your names on, factsheets and regular updates on your adoption direct to your inbox.
9. Our friends at Country Matters have partnered with wildlife artist & Helping Rhinos Patron Karen Laurence-Rowe to produce a fantastic range of homeware including coasters, placemats, trinkets, cushions and throws.
The exquisite wildlife artwork on these quality pieces include rhinos, zebra, leopard, kudu and elephants and will make a fabulous addition to the home of any wildlife lover, with 20% of sales of this range coming to Helping Rhinos.
10. A cuddly rhino toy gives a child a wonderful playtime companion and helps inspire them to protect this magnificent, yet endangered species. In the Helping Rhinos shop, you’ll also find cuddly elephants, cheetah, meerkats, giraffe and lions.
11. Let kids learn about the plight of rhinos with a book that speaks their language in a fun yet magical way. Mr. Rhino's Animal Army is a hardback book, 126 pages with full colour illustrations and features Mr. Rhino who has only two helpers at the moment, Digger Dog and a small young reindeer called Rudolph. He really needs children’s help to succeed. Will you buy his book and let the children in your life go with him on his Magical Mission?
A great book for your grandchildren, nieces, nephews and any friends’ kids. Even better, you can add a personalised message to the recipient which will be handwritten before it’s sent out. All profits from the sale of this book will be donated to rhino conservation.
12. Helping Rhinos branded gifts make fantastic stocking fillers. Choose from pens, notepads, pin badges and tote bags to delight rhino lovers. They also make brilliant secret Santa presents.